Since Amazon Web Services (AWS) launched in 2006, the public cloud platform has dominated the market as the leader in providing a secure platform. Millions of customers use AWS as their preferred cloud platform to help with agility, functionality, and innovation within their businesses. Now, many businesses are realizing they need to make the switch to amazon web services through data migration services. On the fence about whether or not you should migrate your data to AWS? This guide will give you all the information you need to make your decision.
What is Amazon Web Services?
Why are so many businesses turning to Amazon Web Services for advanced cloud computing services?
Amazon Web Services is the top cloud platform chosen by millions of people.
AWS is a cloud platform that’s the most widely adopted and comprehensive. No matter the size of your business or organization, AWS has a plan that makes sense for the level of service you may need. With pay-as-you-go prices, you can build any type of application without upfront costs or long-term commitments. AWS offers more services within their plans than any other competitive provider. So, when it comes time to move your existing infrastructure to the cloud, the process is streamlined and cost-effective. So what sets Amazon Web Services apart from its competitors?
- Security. When choosing a cloud provider, you have to ensure that your data is secure. AWS infrastructure is built to serve the security needs of the military, global banks, and other high-sensitivity organizations.
- Innovation. With so many customers in such a wide variety of industries, AWS continually innovates with new technologies to stay on the cutting edge of cloud software.
- Operational expertise. AWS has the most operational experience compared to other competing cloud providers.
What should I consider when thinking about AWS data migration services?
Everything you need to consider before finding Amazon Web Services data migration services.
Before migrating your data to Amazon Web Services, it’s best to strategize your plan before you make any changes.
When thinking about Amazon Web Services data migration services, it can be difficult to know whether or not moving is the best decision for your business or organization. Here are some questions to consider before you make your decision:
- What are your short-term and long-term goals for your company?
- What are the risks of moving my data?
- How long does it take to implement a cloud strategy?
- How will moving our data to this cloud service provider help our customers?
- How will moving protect our business through business continuity and disaster recovery?
- What resources do we need to support a cloud migration?
With these answers in mind, you’ll have a better understanding of what you need from a cloud provider. Additionally, the migration evaluation is a helpful tool to easily assess what services you’ll need when you make the move to migrate. This is the first step in determining whether or not Amazon Web Services will work for your business.
Before you make a move to any platform, there are a few additional tips to keep in mind to keep before you make any moves to a platform. With this information in mind, you’ll likely have better success when migrating your data to AWS.
- Fully understand the migration process before you start. This will help you cover all of your bases to avoid any unexpected steps or roadblocks.
- Don’t rush the process. Take your time with it and plan out how long it will take and the resources you need to accomplish everything.
- Organize your current inventory before starting. Starting with an unorganized inventory will only slow down the migration process. Taking the time to organize your inventory beforehand will not only help you during the process but also after you’re finished migrating.
How do you migrate to AWS?
All of the necessary steps you’ll take to successfully migrate your data to Amazon Web Services.
While the migration to Amazon Web Services is relatively simplified, making the move to migrate all of your data over might feel overwhelming. Thankfully, many companies have perfected their data migration services to ensure that the change is as easy as possible.
When you finally decide to migrate your data to Amazon Web Services, you need to understand how the process works. It’s broken down into three phases: assess, mobilize, and migrate and modernize.
As the first step within this process, this is where you’ll determine if your company is ready to make the move. After thinking through what you need from your cloud service provider, you’ll need to consider internally how capable your company is of the technicalities of the system. This can help determine what help you’ll need to close the information gaps between your new software and your existing platform.
At this point, you’ll need to build the landing zone for your data on Amazon Web Services. There’s a large variety of options available, so you’ll have to determine which fits best for your business. This process is generally the most time-consuming, which is why it may be right for you to consider Amazon Web Services data migration services.
3. Migrate and Modernize
By this step, you should understand what you need to finally migrate your data to Amazon Web Services. You may need extra cloud data migration tools for assistance, but you’ll have a basis of what you’ll need to make the big change.
Making the step to seek out Amazon Web Services data migration services seems like a daunting task, but it might be a necessary decision for your company to make. AWS makes the process as easy and streamlined as possible.