Dated back to the 17th century, Casino has being an interesting and lucrative platform where gamblers wager on Casino games like; Blackjack, Slots, Let it Rides, Caribbean stud poker, to mention but a few.
In 1994, however, Microgaming, a small company in South Africa built what is widely accepted to be the first online casino software in the world, hence a drastic shift from the brick and mortar Casinos to today’s online Casinos with daily improvements and optimized efficacy evident in a recent report on newest UK Casino website.
Still in the United Kingdom, one newly launched online Casino site is said to run on exactly 19 software providers some of which include; Blueprint Gaming, Pragmatic Play, etc. Think of the numerous gaming options using such a site will present to players. More of that on the above-mentioned report.
Benefits of Online Casino
- Casinos played online give payback percentages and odds a little more than the traditional land-based Casinos, especially for slot machine games.
- Games are played via the internet, so it’s convenient and saves costs.
Players do not lose bets in casinos simply because they are not lucky, no. Players primarily lose because of an in-built advantage that favors mainly Casino, and that’s the House Edge.
What is the Casino House edge?
House edge tells players on average how much each game pays out over its lifespan and the games that give players the best returns on their odd. An online platform Wizard odds.com defines it as the ratio of the average loss to the initial bet. The good aspect of the House edge also known as Casino advantage is that it can help players choose games with higher profits.
Ordinarily, a game with a low-edge house pays out higher on average over those with higher house edges.
Below is a list of Casinos with their House edge
- Blackjack 0.5%
- Baccarat. A 1.01%-15.75%
- Craps 0- 16.67%
- Keno 20% -40%
- Slots 2%–15%
- Caribbean stud 5.22%
- Video poker 0.46%
- Hold’em 2.36%
Relationship between House edge and the RTP
In slot, the Return To Player, otherwise known as RTP shows how much an individual machine has paid out over its lifespan, in connection with how much money players have paid in. So if we’re looking at RTP as a percentage, the amount needed to get up to 100% is the house edge, in other words, if a slot pays out an 80% RTP, then the machine’s House edge is 20%. Therefore, to win a game it is better to search for slots with the highest RTP since it will have a lesser House edge. Also, play the maximum number of paylines you have in a game and go for slots with bonus games.
Casino gaming vs sports bet (Comparison)
- People engage more in Sports bet more than in playing Casinos, as humans, we’re fascinated by the adrenaline rush of predicting sports and see it come out as predicated, besides this Sports betting has more legalization in many parts of the world than playing casinos.
- In some Casinos like online slots all you have to do is select the number of paylines you want to play, hit go, and simply hope for the best, this means that applying expertise is limited, while in sports betting, expertise like following players’ statistics, past season performance, etc. Can be employed to improve chances of winning.
- Casino players reportedly win more often than sports bettors.
An objective analysis of the above shows that even though playing Casino could be lucrative, special care must be taken to understand the tricks and rules governing the game, before going live it would be better to first hold lots of practice.