In one of our posts, we discussed how to Flash any Qualcomm smartphone using Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL) but today, we want to discuss How to install ROM on Android using MSMDownload Tool.
In some smartphones, most especially Qualcomm Snapdragon smartphones, flashing it sometimes seems different from other smartphones.
Just the same way of flashing Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset using QFIL, you can use MSMDownload Tool to flash some snapdragon chipset.
Not wasting many times, let us dive into it.
Why would we flash our phone
Downgrade or Upgrade your phone
You can use this software to downgrade your smartphone or upgrade it to various Android versions. It depends on the release of the firmware of your choice if the option is available.
Unbrick your phone.
MSMDownload Tool can be used to unbrick any snapdragon chipset by flashing the stock firmware. Smartphones could be bricked in the process of rooting or flashing a custom firmware or rom or recovery.
Unroot your phone.
You can also use MSMDownload Tool to completely unroot any snapdragon smartphone. You also can regain your warranty by properly flashing the official stock rom of your phone. It can be done by reverting back to the official stock firmware of the phone if your smartphone has tampered.
Fix Issues on your phone.
Your smartphone might develop an issue which might be unknown to it you, if it a software-related issue, you can restore and fix it by flashing the stock firmware of your phone using the MSMDownload Tool
Requirements to install ROM using MSMDownload Tool
- A working detectable USB Cord.
- Your smartphone firmware file.
- A Windows PC.
- A good battery backup.
- Backup your smartphone.
- Download and extract the MSMDownload Tool.
- Download and Install the latest driver for your phone.
- Make sure you are flashing a supported device.
Install ROM on Android using MSMDownload Tool
- Download all the required files and extract extractable one to a folder.
- Locate the folder where you extracted the files and install required ones like drivers.
- Now launch MSMDownload Tool as administrator.
- When launched, turn off your phone.
- On the MSMDownload Tool, launch the firmware.
- Now, Plug your device with the USB cable and click the START ALL to begin the installation.
- Once the installation is finished, unplug your phone and enjoy it.
If you experience any issue, don’t hesitate to tell us.