Flash any Qualcomm smartphone using Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL)
Before the reign of MediaTek, many smartphones have been powered by Qualcomm. Qualcomm is one of the best smartphone Socs out there, most of the flagship smartphones of today are powered by Qualcomm and still counting.
Today, I am going to tell you how to flash your smartphone if your smartphone is running on Qualcomm chipset.
There are many reasons why you might be needing to flash your smartphone, even if you don’t know, You might check this out.
- 1 Why we need to flash our smartphone
- 2 Requirements to flash the firmware with Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL)
- 3 Flash Qualcomm Firmware using Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL).
- 4 Disclaimer.
Why we need to flash our smartphone
Downgrade or Upgrade your smartphone
You can use Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL) to downgrade your smartphone or upgrade your smartphone by flashing an updated or outdated firmware of your phone. It depends on the release of the firmware or your choice if the option is available.
Unbrick your smartphone
Smartphones can be bricked in the process of rooting or flashing a custom firmware or rom or recovery. with the help of flashing a stock firmware to your smartphone, you can unbrick your smartphone.
Unroot your smartphone
You can also use Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL) to completely unroot any Qualcomm smartphone by flashing back the stock rom. You also can regain your warranty by properly flashing your official stock firmware.
Fix Issues on a smartphone
Your smartphone might develop issue which might be unknown to it you, if it a software related issue, you can restore and fix it by flashing the stock firmware for your smartphone. Today, we are presenting all the Official Firmware, both Official releases and updates following it. You can download all the Firmware for your smartphones here. If you experience any problem with any of the files, don’t hesitate to tell us.
Requirements to flash the firmware with Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL)
Note that flashing a stock firmware to your phone erases everything in your phone including contents in internal storage. It is always very advisable to backup your contents to an external storage or a PC. If your phone is bricked and can’t be accessed, I guess there is nothing you can do.
Follow this procedure below if you wish to flash the stock rom.
Flash Qualcomm Firmware using Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL).
- Download and extract Qualcomm Flash Image Loader to your favorite folder.
- Extract Firmware you want to flash.
- Now Open QFIL.exe.
- Click on Browse to locate the extracted firmware for for your smartphone.
- You will need to power off your device and connect it to the PC while off.
- Once the firmware is launched, click on Download.
- Once you click on download, the flashing process will begin and might take up to 10 minutes to flash your phone.
- Relax and take a cup of coffee maybe, your phone will auto reboot after the flashing.
- Setup your phone and enjoy.
We are not responsible for any harm that might come to your phone. Please, make sure you are flashing the right firmare, stock rom, or flash file to your smartphone.
Before flashing firmware or files, YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point Your finger at us, we will laugh at you. [KIDDING.]
If the Smartphone Flash Tool didn’t detect your smartphone, you might need to press the volume down or up button but do not power your phone.
If you download any firmware from our site and the firmware file is not meant for the flash tool, you might check the actual flash tool that does the job.