CCNP Enterprise is a highly valued credential. Due to the latest changes made by Cisco, obtaining this certification requires the students to pass Cisco 350-401, as the core exam, and then take any of the six concentration tests. One of these optional proctored variants is Cisco 300-425. In this article, we will talk more about it.
Cisco 300-425: Exam details
300-425 ENWLSD is offered by Cisco to test the candidates’ knowledge and understanding of wireless network design, including mobility, site surveys, WLAN high availability, and wired and wireless infrastructure. It is a 90-minute certification exam that is associated with the CCNP Enterprise credential.
This test is available in Japanese and English, and you will have to apply for it through Exam-Labs Cisco CCNP 300-425 ENWLSD. Unfortunately, after the big changes, Cisco is not giving the exact information about the number of questions or their types.
But you can search for these details on the videos from YouTube or the posts on Reddit where those individuals who have already passed this exam share their impressions about it.
Cisco 300-425: Exam objectives
Just like any other certification exam, Cisco 300-425 comes with certain topics and subtopics that you need to learn in order to pass this test with flying colors. The main objectives of this exam include the following:
Wireless Site Survey – 25%
- Collecting design requirements and evaluating constraints;
- Utilizing planning tools and evaluating key network metrics;
- Performing predictive, post-deployment, and pre-deployment site surveys;
- Analyzing a Layer 1 site survey.
Wired and Wireless Infrastructure – 30%
- Designing radio management;
- Determining logical (AP/WLC licensing requirements)and physical (AP power, switch port, cabling) infrastructure requirements;
- Designing high-density wireless networks as well as their associated components (conference rooms and lecture halls);
- Designing wireless bridging.
Mobility – 25%
- Validating mobility tunneling for data as well as the control path;
- Optimizing Client roaming;
- Designing mobility groups that depend on mobility roles.
WLAN High Availability – 20%
- Designing high availability for apps;
- Designing high availability for controllers.
These are the general guidelines for the content you are most likely to find in the Cisco 300425 exam. However, it should be noted that other related topics and concepts may also be included in any given delivery of this test.
It is also important to note that Cisco may change these guidelines at any time without notice. So, you should keep checking for any changes on the official website of the vendor.
Cisco 300-425: Recommended training
The 300-425 certification exam needs thorough preparation if you want to succeed. First and foremost, the applicants must understand all the skills measured. You can opt for self-study or register for a training course with Cisco Academy or any other reliable platform in your country.
The recommended training by Cisco offers you to cover the details related to the design of Cisco enterprise wireless networks. You can take this course at https://www.certbolt.com/.
Be sure to cover all the exam topics highlighted above and take practice questions to know how well you understand the material you have covered. You can also visit Exam-labs to buy the study package with practice questions and answers or get some free files.
Cisco 300-425: Registration
As we said earlier, Cisco 300-425 can be taken at the Pearson VUE testing centers. If you have already passed any exam of this vendor, registering for this one should not be a complicated process for you. We assume that you have already taken the Cisco 350-401, which is a core text for the CCNP Enterprise certificate. All you need to do now is follow the steps below to register for 300-425 ENWLSD:
- Go to the Cisco exam page, click on the“Proctored Exams” section, and then type‘300-425’.
- Using your Pearson VUE account details, proceed and login in to register.
- The registration page will appear and you will see a form, which requires you to provide your personal information, such as your name, address, and job role. Enter your valid credentials and then click “Save & Continue”.
- Next, you will see the account linking page. If you are a Cisco employee, you can simply link your employment status here so that you can see more benefits for clearing the exam. If you are not a Cisco employee, you can just skip this part and proceed to the next page to continue your registration for Cisco 300-425.
- From here, you will be able to choose the delivery option depending on where you want to take your 300-425 certification test. There are various options available to you. First of all, there is a variant to take the exam at any local Pearson VUE center. And the second one is your home, where you can take the test online from the comfort of your room. The third option is taking Cisco 300-425 at the Certiport testing center. You are free to choose one of the variants depending on your convenience and then move to the next page.
- Look for the available schedule for taking the Cisco 300-425 exam and then choose the date and time when you want to sit for it.
- Finally, move to the checkout page and pay for your test. There are different debit and credit cards, which you can make the payment with. After paying the fee, you will have completed the registration process for the delivery of your Cisco 300-425.
Passing the Cisco 300-425 exam is something that will take you to a higher professional rank. If you pass this test with flying colors, you will be able to obtain CCNP Enterprise. This credential makes you a prominent specialist and gives you an advantage in the industry when it comes to getting better employment opportunities. Therefore, register for the 300-425 test today and earn your CCNP credential as soon as possible so that you can tap on the benefits that come with it. Good luck!